Chris Snider has spent his career pushing for innovative and creative ways to tell and present stories in print and online. He’s currently an assistant professor of multimedia at Drake University in Des Moines. Chris has a degree in journalism from the University of Iowa and an MBA from Drake University.
He was previously assistant managing editor for digital innovation at the Des Moines Register, editor of Juice magazine, news design director at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and a designer at the Baltimore Sun.
Chris Snider is a strong proponent of simple, clean design. He has been a leader in how media companies use social media, mobile and search engine optimization.
If you would like to have Chris talk to your group or business about how the digital world is shaping the future of media, you can contact him at csnider(at)gmail.com.
About Chris Snider Design
This is my freelance business, dedicated to helping companies, organizations and businesses be successful in the digital space. I’m available to help you with web design, search engine optimization, social media, analytics and training/speaking.
I would love to speak to your organization about the following topics:
- Creating video with your mobile phone
- New technology in communications: Drones, sensors, data, internet of things
- Search engine optimization
- Getting started with WordPress
- Social media strategies
- Introduction to multimedia journalism (video, audio, photography)
More about Chris Snider
Chris Snider has a degree in journalism from the University of Iowa and an MBA from Drake University. He lives in West Des Moines and has two children – Henry and Maddie.
Honors and Awards for Chris
- Top 25 most influential communications professors on Twitter (2015)
- Top 50 journalism professors by journalismdegree.org (2012)
- Presstime Magazine’s 20 under 40 list 2008
- 2008 Gannett President’s Ring (named top online performer in company)
- 2008 Gannett Supervisors Recognition Award
- 2007 Des Moines Register Employee of the Year runner-up
- 2006 Des Moines Register editor’s choice award
- Four 2004 Society for News Design Awards of Excellence