Chris Snider has spent his career pushing for innovative and creative ways to tell and present stories in print and online. He’s currently an instructor of practice in multimedia journalism at Drake University in Des Moines, where he is also working toward an MBA in executive leadership
He was previously assistant managing editor for digital innovation at the Des Moines Register, editor of Juice magazine, news design director at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and a designer at the Baltimore Sun.
Chris is a strong proponent of simple, clean design. He has been a leader in how media companies use social media, mobile and search engine optimization.
If you would like to have Chris talk to your group or business about how the digital world is shaping the future of media, you can contact him at csnider(at)gmail.com.
Connect with Chris
Chris is available to speak about the following topics:
- Search engine optimization
- Writing for the web
- Driving traffic to your website
- Social media
- Free tools for online news sites
- Introduction to multimedia journalism (video, audio, photo)
More about Chris
This blog is a place for Chris to share his thoughts, experiment and just play around online.
Honors and Awards for Chris
- Presstime Magazine’s 20 under 40 list 2008
- 2008 Gannett President’s Ring (named top online performer in company)
- 2008 Gannett Supervisors Recognition Award
- 2007 Des Moines Register Employee of the Year runner-up
- 2006 Des Moines Register editor’s choice award
- Four 2004 Society for News Design Awards of Excellence